Take the Next Step:
Start your application to a Ruskin Mill Trust college or school today
Our Admissions Process During Covid-19
We continue to accept admissions all-year-round, and throughout Covid-19 are taking all possible measures to ensure the safety of prospective students and their families. We continue to follow the latest guidance and where some provisions fall in areas of the country with tighter rules, we will do everything we can to assure visitors to our sites are able to speak with staff and see the provision for themselves in a safe way.
This is in line with our overall Trust-wide Business Continuity Plan and its attached Coronavirus (Covid-19) Appendix, which can be viewed here.
Alongside following nationwide government advice, we are also led by Local Authority rules covering the locations of our schools and colleges.
What measures do we have in place for admissions visits?
- 2m social distancing where possible
- Out-of-hours visits available when the sites will be quieter
- Sanitising stations around each site
- Promotion of thorough hand-washing by staff and visitors
- Staff will check to see if track and trace form has been returned already, if not they will ask the family to complete before the tour
- Maximum numbers in any one room limited to a bubble of 6 (excluding dining areas / canteens)
- Thorough cleaning of areas before and after visits
- Admissions staff will wear a face-covering, and ask that visitors do the same if possible for the duration of the site tour
- Virtual meetings with the provision available
- Travel letters provided for those coming into or out of higher-tier areas if needed
If you have any concerns about visiting one of our sites during Covid-19, please speak to our friendly admissions team, who will be happy to talk you through our safety measures in more detail. Email email@example.com or call 0330 055 2653
Discuss a Placement or Visit
Our dedicated and highly experienced admissions teams based at each centre advise, guide and support applicants and their advocates through each stage of the admissions process.
Speak to our admissions team today by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0330 055 2653
Our Admissions Process
- Contact Us
Get in touch with our dedicated admissions team either by phone on 0330 055 2653 or email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry.
Once we have a brief overview you will be asked to send through a copy of the young person’s Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) for the senior team to look at the suitability of your provision of choice.
- Complete an Application Form
Once you have filled out the application form, you can arrange an initial site visit to the provision with your dedicated Central Admissions Manager.
- Pre-entry Assessment
Once all parties are agreed that the college/school is appropriate, the student will be invited for an assessment during which they will take part in a variety of sessions as well as meet with key professionals. Due to the ongoing situation with Covid-19, prospective students will have the opportunity to virtually meet with key professionals.
Assessment reports are then reviewed by senior staff and a decision is made whether to offer a place.
- Offer of Placement
A letter regarding an offer of placement (subject to funding being agreed) is sent to the applicant. Copies of this letter are also sent to parents or carers and professionals involved with the funding application.
Should funding be agreed by your Local Authority we then work with all stakeholders to provide an effective transition into provision.